Chiltern Maritime Limited, part of the Viking Recruitment group of companies (“Chiltern Maritime”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through any of our offices is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Chiltern Maritime may collect your personal details, including, but not limited to your name and contact details, including your email address and any other information as detailed on your CV. On occasions this may also include – sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
- This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific cadet programmes or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- to match your details with clients, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients to apply for cadet programmes;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- where you are registered as a candidate on our database in the UK, your personal information may be accessible, transferred or duplicated by our offices globally This will enable us to provide you with further recruitment services and for the purposes of business development. systems development and testing. If we feel that transferring your data is necessary to explore job opportunities outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and we will give you the opportunity to withhold your consent to such transfer. Chiltern Maritime applies equal rigour to the security of data held and processed across the whole of its global network. Each global Chiltern Maritime office outside the EEA with access to data provided in the UK, enters into a specific data protection agreement with Chiltern Maritime UK head office – thereby undertaking to meet the same standards of data security and to act in accordance with the eight data protection principles applicable under the strict European data protection laws. Click here for details of all the Chiltern Maritime & Viking Recruitment group company offices
- Viking Recruitment & Chiltern Maritime’s group of companies worldwide enable the development, marketing and services of other products to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you, including tailoring our website when you log on to make it relevant to you personally.
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, these third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Chiltern Maritime;
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
Lawful Basis for Collecting Data
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate business interests, described in more detail below, although we will also rely on contract.
We will rely on contract if we have entered into a Cadet agreement contract with you and a third party organisation.
(carrying on the commercial activity of the provision of Recruitment Services):
In providing our Recruitment Services, we will carry out some processing of personal data which is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, which include:
- Retaining records of our dealings and transactions and where applicable, use such records for the purposes of:
- establishing compliance with contractual obligations with Clients or suppliers
- addressing any query or dispute that may arise including establishing, exercising or defending any legal claims
- protecting our reputation
- maintaining a backup of our system, solely for the purpose of being able to restore the system to a particular point in the event of a system failure or security breach
- evaluating quality and compliance including compliance with this Privacy Notice
- determining staff training and system requirements
- Using your personal data to:
- assess suitability and contact you regarding potential opportunities and/or our services
- collate market information or trends including providing analysis to potential or actual Clients
- source potential opportunities or roles as part of our Recruitment Services
- personalise your experience and our offering, whether via our website or otherwise
(Entering into and performing a contract with you):
In order to provide our Recruitment Services and a Cadet programme, we may enter into a Cadet agreement contract with you and/or a third party organisation. In order to enter into a contract, we will need certain information, for example your name and address, passport details and sensitive personal data. A contract will also contain obligations on both your part and our part and we shall process your data as is necessary for the purpose of those in order to process payroll, bursary training and travel arrangements, on your behalf.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purposes of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs and any other services by the Viking Recruitment Group in your nominated industry and/or will provide you with industry news. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe links are provided in every email alert that you receive.
Curriculum vitae (“CV”)
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in the Chiltern Maritime database and will be accessible by Chiltern Maritime consultants in the UK, and others of the Chiltern Maritime group of companies worldwide, including New Zealand and the USA. You can withdraw your permission for your data processed outside the UK upon completing your registration form.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address, or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).
Aggregate Information about Chiltern Maritime online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website and all of the Chiltern Maritime group company websites. For example, which area users access most frequently, and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies –
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
Analytical/performance cookies –
These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate.|
|AMP_TOKEN||30 seconds to 1 year||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.|
|_gac_UA-106489671-1||90 days||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.|
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact email@example.com . You also have the right to ask Chiltern Maritime to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferral to another website – where data privacy practices may be different to that of Chiltern Maritime. Visitors should consult the other websites’ privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about Chiltern Maritime’s online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our head office.
Chiltern Maritime is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis. Please click here for more information on diversity.
Registered Address and Number
Beechwood Business Park
Registered in England No. 2021325