For over 30 years Chiltern Maritime (Part of the Viking Maritime Group) has remained the UK’s foremost provider of Merchant Navy Officer Cadetships. Government approved, we have been assisting Maritime Charities and commercial marine companies to invest into Deck, Engineering, and Electro-Technical Officer Cadets qualifying some of the highest calibre of graduates, highly sought after within the industry.
Chiltern has built and maintained strong partnerships with these prestigious sponsors, by demonstrating the highest standard of recruitment, training, and administration of Officer Trainee Cadets. Establishing a first class reputation, each year we now support over 400 cadets.
We are currently looking for a new member to join our team in Portsmouth.
Chiltern Maritime is looking for a Training Officer based in Lakeside, North Harbour, Portsmouth. Candidates should have had previous experience of working within a customer facing and/or administration environment or more preferable in maritime HR/administration.
• Responsible for sourcing and recruiting new marine cadets for various company clients.
• Assists with the processing of all cadet employment applications and enquiries.
• Assists with cadet recruitment campaigns.
• Company representative for merchant navy recruitment open days and other careers events across the UK.
• Responsible for issuing contracts and onboarding new cadets for each intake.
• Responsible for processing monthly payroll and following up remuneration issues.
• Liaison with UK training establishments and colleges regarding cadet training.
• Formulation and revision of standard company correspondence.
• Formulation and revision of cadet training instructions.
• Administer documentation management required for government training grants.
• Administer various client crew management systems.
• Assist with the future planning of cadet training appointments at sea.
• Issue joining instructions and book travel options including flights.
• Responsible for trainee portfolio reviews.
• Cadet absence management.
• Regularly visit cadets during college phases (Involving travel across the UK)
• Assist other staff as required.
• Driving licence is required.
• Hours: 09:00 – 17:30, Monday to Friday
• Full Time
• 21 days holiday + bank holidays
• On-site parking
• Salary: £19,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org